1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No warning at all!

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And this is end-stage Trump: A pillow salesman from the Minneapolis suburbs gets a White House meeting in which he broaches invoking nationwide martial law and demands the firing of the White House Counsel.

gingerbread likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My 2018 Subaru Forester has a metallic blue exterior and gray interior. Very neutral, which I like. I mean, it's not a '58 Corvette, why have colors that try for that?

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I really think the GOP has more reach than that. None of your labels describe most of the Trump voters I know, rural people who either still work on the farm or are only a generation removed from it. Maybe they have guns, maybe they’re opposed to immigration and maybe they go to church but they’re not necessarily motivated by any of those issues in particular.

I remember seeing celebration on here after Democrats won the presidency and a senate super majority in 2008 that the GOP had been reduced to a regional party unable to compete nationally. That, uh, is not exactly how I’d describe the last 12 years.

wicked, gingerbread and MileHigh like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The My Pillow guy needs to be suffocated with one of his products.

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

As long as there is racism and a religious and social structure built on grievance and anger, that klan will always have a shot.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was talking about the institutional GOP - the RNC. Obviously there are many, many conservatives out there, but I'd argue they see themselves more as conservatives than Republicans. Throw in the growing number of non-affiliated voters and I understand the need to create micro-targeted off-shoots to engage people politically. Out in the west the big tactic now is to attempt to recall governors - whether they succeed or not in getting the required signatures, they do get the contact info of everyone who signs, which helps them reach non-affiliated conservatives.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.