1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I thought the Jets would hire Sales if they had the opportunity. I think he's a good fit for what they need right now. Big win for the 49ers too, who get an extra 3rd round in 2021 and 2022 for getting a minority coach from their staff hired.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah the issue with Titans is their OC just left for a HC job in Atlanta. Must have gotten out before getting fired. :rolleyes:

JC likes this.
  3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Can you link someone who has called him a great receiver?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I failed to employ the blue font. Sarcasm failed to come through.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /branson brown

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Dorrell may work out in Boulder. But go back to when he was hired. Dorrell from 2014-2019 was been fired after a year at Vanderbilt as an OC, then was a position coach with the Jets and the Dolphins. Bieniemy is a former Buff star who was the OC with a Super Bowl team. Who is the sexier hire?

The school talked to Bieniemy. My understanding is that he decided he was not interested. I don't think an offer was made.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I still think canning McIntyre in 2018 was a mistake. Hot start, had lost that team but I think Montez (the QB) may have had the worst body language I've ever seen from a college QB that last month or so.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I would have kept McIntyre as well. Had started to turn the ship around (won a division title), but he wasn't hired by the current AD. Then they got burned by Midnight Mel. I wasn't sold at all on Dorrell, but they were better than expected and from all indications, Dorrell and the coaching staff were top-notch in handling all of the COVID stuff.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

It many have been a mistake to fire McIntyre but I also think he had limitations as a recruiter. This year Colorado beat Arizona as did everyone who played them, UCLA at home, San Diego State at home and and Stanford. While this probably their second best year in the Pac 12 I am not ready to anoint Dorrell as the second coming of Nick Saban, I don't think the recruiting this year has been particularly good.

Colorado does not have a lot of prep talent. And even when the Buffs were a national power they never recruited in-state particularly well. Dorrell is going to have to figure out someplace that he can recruit successfully.

Maybe he will.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    MileHigh likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Oh, I agree. But they certainly did better than expected this season, which is probably not saying much.

I get an up-close look at Colorado football talent, if you will. Then I go home to SoCal and, um, yeah, it's night and day.

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

And the L.A. Chargers slip in this little piece of Sunday night news:

Kind of a surprise -- I thought they would wait it out for Buffalo's Daboll -- but he built a good defense with the Rams and he was a quarterback in his playing days, so who knows?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Strange hire. Maybe he’s brilliant.

He’d better be.

Draft saved Draft deleted