1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NFL Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 5, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

We have family at Wesleyan and I was astonished he was an alum. He and Lin-Manuel. It's big brain country.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

My one time around Jim Harbaugh was terrifying. He is a weird dude..
    Meyer is coming into the AFC Secessionist division at an interesting time. It may not be all that great in a year or two.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Hats off to whomever Saban has hired as a PR to spin the story that he was willing to give a kidney for Brees and that he reluctantly left the Dolphins. Maybe he would have been a success, but he was 6-10 in his second year and went back to the soft and wealthy bosom of college.

wicked and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I'm Bieniemy, I'm not even looking around. Andy can't have more than a couple years left. Reid turns 63 in March.

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think Bieniemy could have had the Colorado HC job last year. He would have been a more popular pick than Karl Dorrell. And Dorrell got 17.5 million over five years. So it may well be that the Chiefs have had discussions with Bienemy about his future. And Kansas City is a great jobs given Mahommes abilities and contractual situation.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I think Reid coaches as long as he thinks Mahomes is elite and his team is a 1 or 2 seed. Kafka will be the next HC in Kansas City unless someone else gets him.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I read that Dorrell already had a house in Boulder before the job even opened. Colorado just wants stability for football after the last few years.

Always thought Dorrell was a good coach from UCLA and he’s off to a good start at Colorado. Difference is I don’t see him leaving anything soon.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Rumor is Philly is very interested in him.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bieniemy seems like exactly the kind of favorite-son coach who could go very very wrong at a place like Colorado.
    Things would be groovy as long as he was winning, but as soon as things hit a rough patch people would be digging up lots of skeletons from decades ago. I think he probably weighed the potential for disaster and decided to hang tight for an NFL gig.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You can tell Tennessee has issues. I like Vrabel but there's a Rex Ryanish quality to his teams. Sooner or later the rest of the team will get tired of Derrick Henry having to get 25 carries a game to maximize what he can do. Don't get me wrong: Henry is great. Old school. But he's not the same back at, say, 15 carries per game. Defenses have to get tired of tackling the guy, then he breaks a 70-yarder, and, again, that takes carries and clock time and catches away from WRs. Lamar Jackson - perhaps the most gifted runner in the league, will deal with the same stuff. Will great WRs want to play with him?

Houston will get better because WRs do want to play with Watson. KC will stay good because the same is true of Mahomes.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’m not sure what you are talking about, look what they have turned Tannehil into. Their offensive is not just Henry.

sgreenwell, Webster and TigerVols like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Are you daring to claim the blasphemy that Hollywood Brown is not a great receiver?
    (He's Branson Brown in my mind until he has two decent games in a row.)

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted