1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was listening to NPR today talking about how weak the Republican Party is, now pretty much nothing more than a coalition of various grievance organizations - white evangalicals, gun nuts, and border hawks. The foreign policy hawks and Wall Street crowd really don't hold that much sway anymore. Out this way there seems to be a new conservative group popping up each month to fight some issue whether its environmental or fighting mask mandates. The point is, the Republican Party brand isn't very popular even among its own voters and I figure it will be less so in the coming months. You see it some with Bernie people on the left, but as long as Sanders still caucuses with Ds - I don't think they have to worry.
    The bigger problem with the loss of clout of political parties (and the rise of big money) is you will see more candidates/electeds who don't have to worry about not being pals with the party at large as long as their base remains behind them. The best argument for political parties was the ability to provide pressure on candidates (esp. those in safe seats) to step down to avoid damaging the party's brand if they find themselves in hot water. I can't say that's still true right now.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m really waiting for a really hot gay man to start sharing all the tinder MAGA hats showing off their cool Capitol pics.

Then it’s on to NAMBLA.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Abortion. Some will look the other way forever because of abortion.

Mr. Sluggo, HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

there's an opening for a press secretary at the white house close of business today

mods, please feel free to move to the jobs board

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And their god emperor has personally ordered hundreds of abortions. By sheer simple mathematics.
    Not too long ago the nutbag right to lifers took it upon themselves to kill doctors and other employees at abortion clinics, because they had been part of killing hundreds of dear sweet babies. Well if the right to lifers want to target somebody who's been party to hundreds of abortions, you know who they oughta kill?

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you look closely at Biden's Economic Recovery bill, I'm not so sure BernieBots aren't going to become BidenBots.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Today in corrections:

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

back and to the left

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A few of them have already taken an apparent shine to their boy Kyle Rittenhouse, having plied him with beers in a Wisconsin bar to celebrate his freedumb. The Proud Boys will soon be exposed as a group of self-loathing, closeted gay men.

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

According to my low level source, yes. But not a lot.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They took the brown acid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.