1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. And only two courses instead of the usual three.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Worst single broadcast of the year in sports, and I'm not sure it's very close.
    Don't get me wrong. I love Nantzy, Faldo, Pepper, all of them......But it's such a slurp-fest with all of the corporate sponsors.......that's the one telecast of the year I avoid like the plague.
    Saturday is absolutely unwatchable.
    I've looked high and low, and couldn't find one singular fuck about Charles Schwab's golf swing.

2muchcoffeeman and poindexter like this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

You must be one of those goobers who videos themselves rooting like hell for the Steelers and then sending it in.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Agreed, as much as I love seeing Pebble and Spyglass and the surf, I cannot stand to watch Larry the Cable Guy hit a 5 iron in camo gear or watch some dude supposedly a "5 HCP (its Index now idiots)" hit a drive 200 into the rough.

6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

You know what they'll do, don't you? They'll find old interviews with Bill Murray and Gary Mule Deer to run in between shots, just to annoy us.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And now they have zoom.
    This shit isn't going to be better

maumann likes this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I don't think there's any question they'll run a Murray compilation. Will be a good time to hit the fridge.

maumann likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love Murray in movies, but his schtick on the course was funny like what in 1998 but since come on let's maybe get new blood out there. If you're doing comedy, Gaffigan, Chappelle, even Kevin Hart. I'm tired of Murray, Romano, Cable Guy, etc. Don't need to see Andy Garcia or Toby Keith swing a club and hit a 5 iron 150.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Light up. Puff. Start walking.

Draft saved Draft deleted