1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2021 Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Jan 9, 2021.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Shoal Creek -- out of the frying pan...

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Anybody catch the first half of the Tiger doc on HBO? I thought it was pretty well done and certainly engaging. Odd use of "Evidently Chickentown" at the end but seemed to fit the general narrative of setting up Tiger's heel turn.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Masters announces "limited patrons" for this April. Didn't say exactly what that means, but safe to say that winning the ticket lottery in 2019 has turned into a pretty bad beat.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

No kidding.
    It was so bizarre watching The Masters this year. You just kept waiting for the roars and the cheers, and they just never happened.
    It's going to be even more bizarre at Phoenix this year. Limiting it to 8000 per day......which is a start.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Could you imagine how loud it would have gotten at the BMW when Rahm hit that walkoff 66 footer?

7. playthrough

Watched last night. Yeah, I thought I knew just about everything on Tiger's youth like most big golf fans but there were a couple nuggets I'd never heard. Great sources. And the ending was perfect, can't wait for part 2. (How's all that for no spoilers?)

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I enjoyed reliving the golf greatness, stunning. 4 majors in a row?? Some good stuff on the roots of 2009.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They have now reduced it to 5,000 per day.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

YOU MEAN WE WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR JIM NANTZ'S RIVETING INTERVIEW WITH THE CEO OF CENTEX TELECOM!?!?!

PLEASE STILL DO IT ON ZOOM!

12. playthrough

Hermes, maumann, Tighthead and 3 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted