1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Looks like I may need to get tested again.

A guy in my crew at work tested positive.

If it is who I think it is, however, I'm probably OK. I returned to work last Thursday when he wasn't working. On Friday, I was in the van with him for a while (an hour or so), but 2 rows behind him before lunch. After lunch, I did something by myself, taking an SUV to an airport about an hour away and bringing a 12-assenger van back. I didn't see him after lunch at all.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Both Jake and @I Should Coco are Michiganders like myself, but this post made me laugh and cry a bit given developments from home that I meant to write about this week. I'm a Yooper and my high school was in the same conference as Iron Mountain, the alma mater of Tom Izzo and Steve Mariucci.

I heard from someone at my last shop over the weekend, where the assistant editor quit on the spot over a full page ad in which the region's chief anti-mask forces threatened the local health department and printed the Declaration of Independence in its entirety. The next county over issued a "manifesto" from numerous elected officials. So many dumbasses.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mississippi Runs Out of COVID Vaccines After ‘Monumental Surge’ in Demand

"Mississippi’s coronavirus vaccine plan has been “significantly altered” in the past 24 hours due to a “monumental surge” in demand for the shot, according to a statement released by the state health department Wednesday. The surge came after Gov. Tate Reeves said Tuesday that anyone with a pre-existing condition or over the age of 65 was now eligible to receive the vaccine. “Neither the county health department drive-through sites, nor the UMMC vaccine scheduling website was designed to accommodate the monumental surge we are currently experiencing. At this time, we have no additional vaccine, and every appointment is tied to an actual vaccination,” the statement reads. The state hopes to receive a shipment of additional doses in February. Until then, the health department advised residents to adhere to social distancing guidelines and to cover their faces. Mississippi is not alone; across the country, the rollout of the prized vaccine has foundered, plagued by disorganization and high demand."

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because, you know, states always know what to do. Particularly SEC states.
    Or not.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hearing there may be a chance I can schedule an appointment for the vaccine starting tomorrow. Have a message into my doc to confirm but fingers crossed.

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My doctor said they are scheduled to get it next week and I am on the list

Mngwa and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Update: My brother-in-law who tested positive still symptom-free. My sister, two nieces and nephew tested negative. I'm still waiting on my test result, but I'm quite certain it will be negative.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I would encourage Floridians to try the Publix route, as has been discussed upthread. Shockingly well planned. That's always a lucky thing to find.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted