1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Both sides have legitimate points. Of course, the players won't be this age again and that they're trying to improve and showcase their skills and help their teams win. It's understandable if they're not in favor of stopping.

But if Keyontae Johnson and what happened to him - factoring in that he had COVID and that he reportedly suffered from myocarditis as a result - didn't give anyone pause, then what are we doing?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yes, my son, that's right ... Gonzaga, Baylor, and Creighton are ranked 1, 2 and 5 this week!

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I graduated from Indiana in 1984. At that time the most popular sport in Indiana was college basketball. There was little interest in the Pacers who almost moved. I am curious. Is there interest now in the Pacers/NBA than college basketball?

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Given the state of the Hoosiers’ program, maybe so.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Michigan currently on a 36-3 run against the Wisconsin Buzzcuts in what is, for now at least, a battle of top-10 teams.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As has been widely reported, Virginia Tech is now a basketball school. Didn't think Mike Young would have this thing humming like this in just two years. Really impressed that they didn't fold when Duke made a huge run in the second half last night.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just when things couldn't get any worse . . .

Alabama seems to be really good at this basketball thing, too, this year. :eek:

8. tapintoamerica

Duke is not good, but the Hokies are legit. Deep and balanced. Someone needs to hire Mike Young. Won’t happen — he is a lifer there — but make him turn down some insane amount of money.

9. tapintoamerica

I’m so confused. I was told that this was NC State’s year. The Wolfpack, having failed to be relevant for 30 years only because of a conspiracy led by the league office and aided by The Media, is great. Right? Down 27 at the half at FSU, which hasn’t played in two weeks.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't think Duke is great either, though the Hurt kid seemed like he was a real problem. Hopefully we'll see a Tech-UVa game at some point, COVID be damned.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Dear AP pollsters,

You think you can see your way into putting Florida State back into the rankings? I mean, just how many good teams do they have to wipe off the map to get your attention?

Thanks,
    Someone Who Has Seen Enough

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted