1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing fresh teams and younger "stars" in the AFC. Ravens-Bills especially looks like a great matchup, but I hope Cleveland can score with KC.

I don't need to see another Brees/Brady/Rodgers hypefest. May as well be another Alabama-Clemson matchup.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Was gonna write the same thing. The afc teams are refreshing.

Sick of the old men in the nfc.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Brady: "WTF? I've been in the NFC less than 10 months. I'm new."

Songbird and Batman like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seriously. Tampa hadn't won a playoff game in 18 years and hadn't even made it in 13.
    The Saints still have only been to one Super Bowl in 53 seasons, and that was 11 years ago
    Even with QBs that have been around forever, the teams still feel relatively fresh.

Mr. Sluggo likes this.
  5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

The AAFC Colts and the current Colts are different teams. The AAFC version, which began as the Miami Seahawks, only played one NFL season (1950).

It's been said, though, that the current Colts can be traced back to the Dayton Triangles.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Coached by the great Isosceles McDougal.

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

He was the right man for the job.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And all along I thought Tex Winter invented the Triangle offense.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The NFL is probably hoping the Browns win.

NFL Wild-Card Ratings Take Big Hit

Ratings tanked for "Super" Wildcard weekend, despite 2 mill tuning on on Nick. With people stuck inside to a degree, you'd think ratings might have gone up. This is not a good sign for the league.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That take seems a little obtuse. Everyone knows his offensive coordinator Rhombus Johnson was the brains in that organization.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Wilt Chamberlain's house was built with triangular architecture.

[​IMG]

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not a good sign for the PGA. For Major League baseball. For the NBA. For the NHL. Am I forgetting any others?

And here is something the NFL can say that the others cannot.
    Sunday's Browns-Steelers game was the most-watched prime-time show since last February's Super Bowl. No other sports or TV shows come close to generating those numbers.

A shit game wildcard blowout had better ratings than any other event (sports or non sports) since last year's Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted