1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Imagine Cleveland winning the AFC title. Or the Super Bowl. Or Buffalo winning the Super Bowl.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I went to Buffalo for the 1990 AFC title game, just after the start of the first Iraq War. There was all this talk about security and how the cops would have police dogs. My cabbie from the airport said, "Mister, if the Bills win they'll eat those dogs."

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I wasn't making a political point about Alabama there. I was just pointing out stupidity.

4. Michael_ Gee

I had no intention of rebutting you in any way, just pointing out that stupidity is universal.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"You can't prove it was because of footbawwwwl. Ain't never been no case linked to footbawwwl."

6. tapintoamerica

I'm gonna guess Super Bowl celebrants will have a higher mask-wearing rate than SEC folk.

7. Michael_ Gee

You ever been to Buffalo? Or Green Bay or LA? Come on, that's really a stereotype thing. Look at all the people who came out on 11/7 when Biden won. Exuberance is a human trait. Variations of kinds of exuberance are irrelevant.

doctorquant likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Let's check back on this in another few weeks and compare celebratory photos. You might end up being right.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

As well as this summer’s George Floyd protests.

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More like “get high and kidnap the governor.”

Draft saved Draft deleted