1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Just found out one of my mom's cousins died yesterday. Went pretty quick it sounds like. They couldn't get his oxygen levels up.

Then my sister in Boulder just texted us that my brother-in-law tested positive for COVID after having sniffles and congestion late last week. He's symptom-free now, but my sister and three kids are quarantining for 10 days/two negative texts.

I haven't seen them since Christmas and I have no symptoms, but I'll go get a test anyway.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Sorry, rough news.

MileHigh likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

So sorry for your family's loss.

Glad your BIL is doing better and continued good vibes that you stay healthy. We're more than two weeks so hopefully if you are in the clear.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. I've tested negative twice before because I was officiating football. But since it's free and easy, it doesn't hurt to get another one.

Neutral Corner and Spartan Squad like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I get most of what you said, but when I was in school, our D-III team hadn't beaten its rival in 5 years, so when it occurred, the entire campus had a wild night. That being said, I'm glad that I went to school that prioritized school first instead of being a football factory and I do think it's nuts how you have so many adults who live their lives virtually through a game being played by college kids.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TBF, most of that crowd was college students too.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Last night I had a headache and congestion, but with my allergies, I feel like that fairly often. I didn't have a fever (and still don't.) I didn't give it a second thought until this afternoon when I was told by work that I had to quarantine for 10 days due to contact tracing. I was in a room for more than 15 minutes with someone who tested positive. We were more than 10 feet apart and we both had masks on, but who the heck knows? I'm getting a test tomorrow.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Good press conference from Azar and Redfield today....sounds like with trump being distracted that they are ramping up everything. Telling states to release all shots and add 65 plus to the groups. Called some states belligerent, or some such thing, for the way they have been handling it.

Also stated...if you have the covid, immediately ask your doctor for some of the treatments approved by fda. they are on the shelf and along with the shots, should not go to waste.

I had just woken up from a nap and thought I had slept through the coming week and Biden was in charge.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I posted this on the politics thread, but I repeat it here. What the Alabama fans did was stupid, but I guarantee whichever city wins the Super Bowl, and there are some pretty damn blue ones still left in the playoffs, there will be an equivalent scene of superspreading joy. Irrational celebrations, from this down to Christmas dinners, are why the virus is going nova.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted