1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Divisional Round weekend thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

SATURDAY
    L.A. Rams at Green Bay (-6.5), 4:35/1:35, FOX
    Baltimore at Buffalo (-3), 8:15/5:15, NBC

SUNDAY
    Cleveland at Kansas City (-10), 3:05/12:05, CBS
    Tampa Bay at New Orleans (-3), 6:40/3:40, FOX

Seems a little too obvious and convenient to me that both No. 1 seeds are going to win easily. Of the two underdogs, Cleveland probably has a better shot because the Browns have weapons and can score a bit with Kansas City. Chiefs have not been great lately, but I think they coasted to the finish line and will wake up for this one. Curious about their running back situation. Is CEH still out?

Baltimore-Buffalo is the most interesting of the four games to me, with Tampa-Saints a close second. Drew Brees really looks bad throwing the ball right now and getting into a shootout with Brady seems like a bad choice. Only path I see for the Rams winning at Lambeau is if they use a recipe similar to last week -- run the ball, score a defensive touchdown and get Rodgers on the round several times. A one-handed Jared Goff inspires no confidence, and who knows how healthy Wolford is.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Green Bay Saturday temperatures about as decent as you could expect: 32/18

Sunday would have been worse: 24/16

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good Morning Football is really a good show.
    That and the TNT NBA show are the only talking head shows I can stomach.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

L.A. Rams at Green Bay (-6.5), 4:35/1:35, FOX
    Baltimore at Buffalo (-3), 8:15/5:15, NBC

SUNDAY
    Cleveland at Kansas City (-10), 3:05/12:05, CBS
    Tampa Bay at New Orleans (-3), 6:40/3:40, FOX

Rams, Ravens, Chiefs (by a lot), Bucs.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Indoor team or Florida team goes to Green Bay. Well, maybe the AFC title game will be compelling.

7. MileHigh

Would love to see a Browns-Bills AFC title game. Which would be in Buffalo and is the late game (6:30 EST).

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If we get Browns-Bills, maybe they can convince Don Beebe to come back and recreate one of his iconic moments:

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna, Hermes and MileHigh like this.
  9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As far as Saturday is concerned, I'm not unusually worried about the Rams. Both of their top two QBs are going to be carrying injuries, which will not be enjoyable in winter conditions. The Packers defense has not covered itself in glory this season, but I just don't know how the Rams are going to be able to score enough points to win this one.

The whole Aaron Donald/Jalen Ramsey thing is scary, but at least it's strength against strength. Probably going to be a big Aaron Jones game with a lot of dump-offs to Tonyan. Will need Valdes-Scantling, Lazard and St. Brown et al. to make a few plays since I'm assuming Adams and Ramsey will probably go toe-to-toe. Packers 24-10.

10. MileHigh

There's almost always a game in which the road team wins, but that was when there were two byes per conference and not one.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

As a Bills fan, not happy to be playing the Ravens right now. At this minute, I think they are the best team in the NFL.

The Bills and Browns have a rivalry dating back to the AAFC.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ravens did indeed look good after a very shaky start against the Titans. If Jackson has cleared his head of the "can't win in the playoffs" ghosts, they could be tough to beat by anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted