1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This has to be the first year I didn't catch some kind of crud, even if only a bad cold, in early January in like a decade. I'm in danger of catching a life-threatening illness, yet I feel much better than I usually do at this time.

maumann and Neutral Corner like this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've gotten a flu shot going on 30 years, the last time I got the flu really bad.

maumann likes this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I got my first flu shot ever this year. I’ve been very lucky regarding the flu, but didn’t figure this was a year to press my luck.

maumann likes this.
  4. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here. All those years covering prep hoops in those crowded little gyms and somehow I never got really ill.

maumann likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Every year, I could count on at least one real bad crud after covering basketball, soccer and wrestling. Last year (19/20), I got one in October and one January/February. So far basically just had allergies (and one multi-day bout of heat exhaustion that actually led me to get my first Covid test). No germ infested classroom and no gym.

maumann likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Not being snarky at all here, but frequently washing your hands and staying out of the public does make a difference!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So I'm reading an article about 'Bama/Saban on ESPN and they drop the factoid that coaches, players, and staff have been Covid tested more than 18,000 times since June.

There is a question regarding the allocation of resources left begging here.

maumann likes this.
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Hollywood has also utilized many tests.

It is shameful.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Virginia's edict of ending alcohol service at 10 p.m. has made a real difference here, I believe. It kind of kills the vibe of considering a night out on the town. What's the point if you have to settle up and be home by 10 anyway? Day drinking is better anyhow. I digress.

wicked likes this.
  10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Publix is vaccinating seniors in three counties
    My sister, who lives in Ocala, received her first Moderna shot Sunday

tea and ease, Mngwa and maumann like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I wonder how they got favored provider status.

Oh.

tea and ease likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Let's watch the numbers from Tuscaloosa in the coming weeks.

Draft saved Draft deleted