1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowls/playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So . . .

63-49?

Songbird likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Gone.

Tbat's targeting.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’m happy Pitt landed in the ACC because of the economics but it’s not the same. Even as recently as 2002 you had Pitt, WVU with RichRod, BC and Virginia Tech all nipping at Miami’s heels. Now? I don’t care about playing North Carolina and Georgia Tech.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not helping is how many old-school ACC followers clearly see BC, Syracuse, Pittsburgh and Louisville in a different light than Clemson, UVa and especially the Big Four. It sucks. If it helps at all, Georgia Tech isn't viewed like that anymore because it was more than 40 years ago and the sentiment toward Florida State might be improving because it has been almost 30 years.

Some people, no matter where they grew up, who they root for or what they believe, take time. Inclusion should improve, but it will take time.

5. Sam Mills 51

While I miss the old days of an eight- or nine-school ACC, the last thing I want to project is not making the new schools feel at home. Guess it's the military brat in me ... maybe just that if you've ever felt excluded and never given a chance only once, you never want others to feel that way.

But I don't miss the " ... Legend of the ACC" jokes because of the ACC's wont to market. Plug in any of Dan Marino, Tony Dorsett, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas or Doug Flutie among others and it's funny with the right crowd.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Big 10 pulls the same crap. BTN aired the 1987 PSU-Miami Fiesta Bowl as a “Big 10 Classic” and I was like, “you’re not fooling anyone.”

I Should Coco likes this.
  7. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Alabama. Clearly.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

DeVonta Smith is putting on a clinic.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion for an Ohio State halftime adjustment. Maybe put a defender or two more on Smith?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I expect Alabama to hang on.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or more........

12. Sam Mills 51

The whole secondary? Twelve receptions, 215 yards and three touchdowns. In one half.

Not exactly a difficult analysis for Ohio State's defensive coaches.

Draft saved Draft deleted