1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Compare this to the NFC

[​IMG]

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

AFC should be fun for years with those 4. Should ...

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Herbert is also in the conference, and presumably, Lawrence and Fields are going to end up there too.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Thought winning a Super Bowl guarantees you at least 5 more years.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hell, I was done yelling at the television when the score hit 14-0.

7. outofplace

Dobbs hasn't even earned his way onto the field much. He played a little more than a quarter in a loss to the Raiders in 2018 and that was about it until he got some snaps Week 17. Rudolph played a lot last year, but the receivers weren't nearly as good as they are this season. They didn't have Claypool yet, Johnson didn't really get going until the second half of the season, and Smith-Schuster struggled through injuries. I doubt they are going to be able to sign a veteran backup who is worth a damn, especially with a long list of unrestricted free agents that includes Dupree, Alualu, Hilton, Sutton, Conner, Smith-Schuster, Villanueva, and Feiler.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Jeez, when the hell is Josh Dobbs going to start his aerospace engineering career?

At least Tennessee still produces people who can do SOMETHING useful.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Somebody just found out they were put on the no-fly list.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. outofplace

The part with him taking off the lucky Bettis jersey felt very familiar. I didn't remove a lucky jersey, but I very quickly got to the point that I was done wasting my voice yelling at the television. :D

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is there a moratorium on NFL coaching hires? Surprised none have been filled, particularly given that three of them happened in season. I realize some teams are also filling GM spots, but you see more top assistants landing gigs for next year. You'd think some of the new coaches might want to grab some of them.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And five other starting QBs in the playoffs (six if you count Alex Smith, who would have started had he been healthy) were drafted in 2005 or before.

Draft saved Draft deleted