1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Tom gets makeup tips from Giselle.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

53CB63BD-331D-4719-9ABB-8E1BE9A362AC.jpeg

Chef2, Batman and Junkie like this.
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Big Ben is almost surely done in Pittsburgh with a $41M cap hit next year. Even if he renegotiates to spread money around, the Steelers need to draft his presumptive heir. Not ride with fucking Mason Rudolph.

A lot of blame to go around for last night's game. Every aspect -- from coaching to execution. Smith-Schuster was about the only one who shined. The defense was terrible. No sacks, no turnovers.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Cleveland Browns play their first playoff game in 18 years ... and score 48 ... in an ass-kicking ... at Pittsburgh ... which started 11-0 ...

... and hardly anyone's talking Cleveland Browns the day after. That is so Cleveland Browns.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Roethlisberger is going to cost them at least $20 million against the cap no matter what. Unless he retires, he's going to be their quarterback next season. That doesn't mean they shouldn't trying to draft a replacement this year. He didn't really answer either way, but I'm guessing Roethlisberger will play one more season.

Emotional Ben Roethlisberger sat on bench long after Steelers’ loss; was it his last game? | TribLIVE.com

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

We're coming to you live, from Oop's house ...

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Prediction: Cam Newton will be the Steelers QB in '21.

9. outofplace

If Roethlisberger is gone, it's going to be Rudolph, Dobbs, and whatever rookie they draft competing for the job. Newton threw so poorly this season that I can't see them wanting to bring him in, especially when the offense's strong point is at wide receiver. Even if they lose Smith-Schuster to free agency, they still have three good ones in Chase Claypool, Diontae Johnson, and James Washington.

10. outofplace

I'm having internet issues and can't see the link. Was that Pittsburgh Dad?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if the Steelers will be in position to draft a decent first round QB - not sure how deep the pool is once you're past Lawrence and Fields - but if they don't go that route, they should be aggressive with the late round or undrafted QB picks and in free agency. Roethlisberger has played one full season in the past six, and he's been banged up at various points of all of them. You're probably more comfortable benching him to get healthy if you have someone like Marcus Mariotta or Foles on the bench - Rudolph and Dobbs have looked like trash with wideouts regarded as pretty good. However, I'm not sure if their cap situation prohibits them from doing so. Spotrac says they have $21M in dead money or have to pay him $40M if they keep him.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Just some psycho busting his TV with a ladder.

It's hard to imagine it's real. At least I hope it's not. But it's still sort of funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted