1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowls/playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you had told me a wide receiver won the Heisman, I'd have guessed there was no compelling QB candidate. There was. That's what makes this vote interesting.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Smith was transcendent.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK SJ Hokie bureau, I see that QB Hendon Hooker is portaling to UT; should Vol fanbois be excited by this move?
    Asking for a friend with Vols in his handle.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I am not a Hokie, but Hooker is a good guy from a great family. Was also a successful QB. I don’t know that he’s going to be a great improvement over the previous Vols at the position.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Good player, struggled to stay healthy at times. Good runner, OK passer. Tech's offense was undeniably better when he was in there but he's not a superstar by any means.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hey more football tonight! Anyword on Fields condition? Did they ever diagnose it? Just a 4 point spread for Bama to beat. I'd jump on that if I gambled. I think Ohio State was so focused on Clemson all year, this game might be hard to match the intensity, throw in Fields status, etc.

It does seem that the buildup to this game gets lost in WildCard weekend. Play it on a Wednesday or Thursday and it would get more hype.

8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The college football championship played on Saturday.

I'm not sure why you think that Ohio State will be less motivated in the actual national championship game.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Because it doesn't mean more to them. :)

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Where have you seen that? Everything I've seen, it's hovered around a touchdown since the matchup was set.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

In my neck of the woods, absolutely no buzz about CCG and Alabama, in it for the umpteenth time. ZZZZzzzzzz

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Here in the PNW as well. I actually forgot when it was until someone reminded me about it yesterday. The college football equivalent of a strike-season World Series championship.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted