1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What does my opponent want me to do? Identify the answer to that question. Then do the opposite.

poindexter and Batman like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I did write that I was wrong the first time around and they shouldn't have punted. It was a mistake. I just don't think they were going to be able to complete the comeback, anyway. It's not that I trusted the Browns to get stops. I just thought their offense was going to get another score or two.

3. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

That was a big boy 6:40 drive with points

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You asked for it

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hear a lady warming up somewhere in the stadium ...

6. outofplace

They came up with two of them in the fourth quarter. The Browns' defense is shit, but that offense is very good. Most importantly, they avoided the big mistakes. (Though Mayfield did throw a couple of balls in the second half that weren't too far from being killer interceptions that might have saved the Steelers.)

Give the Browns credit. They jumped on every opportunity to make a play. The Steelers did not.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Has any team shit the bed worse after an 11-0 start?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. outofplace

They simply put more faith in Roethlisberger than he deserves at this point in his career. With the exception of that half against the Colts, he played horribly the last six games of the regular season. Don't let the statistics fool you. He sucked tonight. He put up numbers against a prevent defense the entire second half, but he did more to bury the Steelers than anybody tonight.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

He’s become Fat Elvis of QBs

10. outofplace

Has a quarterback ever thrown for over 500 yards and four touchdowns and you could still argue that he cost his team the game?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

75 percent of his passes were caught . . . by somebody.

Songbird and HanSenSE like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Evil Irsays of 2005 and the Packers of 2011 won their first 11 games but dropped their playoff opener. In all, the 2020 Steelers were only the ninth team to win their first 11 games.

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted