1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Plus, we’ll get another week of Browns’ and Bills’ fans feature stories. Joy.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

There's something funny about playing a team in back-to-back weeks, especially with the prior week was a win-and-in game for one of the teams. Usually the team that's in doesn't play their starters or plays them sparingly and more or less conceded the game and quite a few times it comes back to bite them in the ass.

I remember about a decade ago Cincinnati was in, they traveled to the Jets, who needed to win to get in. Jets won 38-0 to set up the rematch in Cincy the following week and the Jets won that 24-14.

The Steelers certainly didn't concede to the Browns last week. They had a shot to tie late in the game....but sometimes just the confidence of beating the team you had to beat carries over into the next week.

4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

This is great.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Can anyone name an instance when a prevent defense actually worked?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I heard talk about that storyline this week. I don't buy it. The way the Steelers played tonight, if they had won last week, it would be the Colts kicking the shit out of them instead of the Browns.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Even though the deficit stands at 19 and time is 6 minutes left in the third, I still think the joint would be rocking under normal circumstances in Pittsburgh.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So Cleveland shocks KC.
    Then chokes away the AFC title game to Buffalo in the last minute.
    And the Bills shit the bed in the Super Bowl.

Like old times.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This is not over.

I wonder if Cleveland is shaking in their shoes. Down 19, Pittsburgh could easily make this 11.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

This is a 50-50 game now. Prevent defense, Browns passing every play and stopping the clock; defense is exhausted. Anybody’s game bow.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Browns have really scarred you, haven't they?

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

To use one of your stand-bys: Are you watching the same game?

And I’ve been through two extra-inning losses in Game 7 of the World Series. This is child’s play.

Draft saved Draft deleted