1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Wild Card weekend (and Black Monday) thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Jan 4, 2021.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now the Browns can add to this before halftime. Oy.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just saw a replay of Ben's 'business decision' on the fumble on the first play from scrimmage.

Thoughts of Cam Newton in the Super Bowl.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The 2020 Chiefs have a bad habit of letting teams stick around rather than putting them away. They won eight games by a touchdown or less -- including seven in a row at one point -- and in most of them they built big leads early and then let an opponent back in the game.
    In three of their six wins by more than one score (Ravens, Bills and Patriots), it was a one-score game at some point in the fourth quarter.
    At some point, it seems like that should come back to bite them in the ass.

4. outofplace

Conner was the one who had the best shot at it. I still can't figure out how he missed falling on a fumble there.

5. outofplace

Of course, nobody covered the tight end there. This is truly pathetic.

Even with the blitzing and two starting linemen out, the Steelers aren't getting pressure on Mayfield.

6. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

So is this a huge upset? We all know the Browns record against the Steelers in the past.

personally, I just don’t believe it really matters what the Browns record against Pittsburgh has been since 1999. This is not the same team by any stretch.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This is a little different. He saw Conner looking like he was going to jump on it and deferred to him -- you don't want to be fighting a teammate for the ball there.

Then Conner overran the ball and flat-out missed it.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

We'll see if CLE knows how to play from ahead. So many teams don't.

9. outofplace

It's not a huge upset. The Steelers have been a bad team for a month. The offense is a mess and injuries just ruined the defense. The only surprise is that it is a blowout, but that's a snowball effect. So much went wrong early that the Steelers never really had a chance to get into the game.

Splendid Splinter likes this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

They are one who doesn’t. Had halftime leads like thia against Dallas (with Dak) and Tenn and got in position to lose both.

11. outofplace

I guess it is possible, but the Chiefs should be able to light the Browns up. Don't let tonight's disgrace fool you. Cleveland's defense is not good. They should get Ward back, but they really only have one pass rusher with Vernon out.

12. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A month ago, as a Chiefs fan, the Browns and Raiders worried me most. Now the Browns and Bills worry me.

Draft saved Draft deleted