1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

As part of the Bay Area contingent I feel its my duty to chime in and say, "yeah Curry is a pretty good shooter and it was fun watching last night." And to be fair, "Warriors will struggle to make playoffs."

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

E]
    Exactly.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Per Woj, a lot of new protocols going into place for the NBA after a lot of positive tests in recent days. Essentially, it becomes a bubble outside the bubble. No going to approved restaurants on the road, no visitors at the hotel, etc.

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Good luck enforcing the no visitors to the hotel rule.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I would have thought this was already part of the protocol. Maybe I'm overly conservative but no way I would be doing those things in the midst of a pandemic, especially on the road.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But what if I have a hankering for chicken wings? Asking for a friend...

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I liked the bubble better anyway; the video screens were a big improvement over tarped over seats so let's bring the bubble back, baby!

8. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm sure they're interested in that, but man, I'm not sure if I'd do Simmons for Fat James Harden by himself at this point. That Rockets situation is getting worse by the day, and the Sixers are winning. Why screw with a good thing? I think I'd like to see at least one postseason with Simmons, Embiid and Doc together, especially since Morey's already done a better job in rounding out the roster talent than his predecessors.

Webster and Splendid Splinter like this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Better than the Nets getting him. Kyrie and Beard together sounds like a bad idea.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

But bad's good for the league.......dysfunction is so fun.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Ha, yeah. Some of the Harden criticism is unfair to me. It's not like he forced the Rockets to build around him, and if you re-played his past X years in Houston, they probably make the finals at least once. They were right-there several times, despite some brutally tough paths.

But that being said, he clearly didn't give a shit coming into this season. I thought Wall and Cousins were going to be washed, and Harden probably did too, but they've both been OK so far.

Draft saved Draft deleted