1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running thread of people with COVID-19... get well Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Mar 19, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know if people are just overwhelmed with the amount of info that is out there (it was so much easier when mass media served as gatekeepers only giving us the stuff that was important for us to know) - or they just can't acknowledge things that don't directly affect them. I would have thought Pinskey - being a doctor - would have at least trusted other doctors. Seems kind of damaging to the industry in general when doctors start doubting science. Kind of like why most media people generally didn't make a habit of talking about how crappy other media competitors are - pretty soon nobody trusts anyone in the media. Oh, yeah - you've probably realized this for a while.

maumann likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Some healthcare workers refuse to take COVID-19 vaccine, even with priority access

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I want to hear the song they are singing in March.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I was going to post something about Larry King but Oscar posted something about Ke$ha's clitoris and left me gobsmacked.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

“Hi, Larry. Love your show.”

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Having trouble breathing ... Throat is sore ... Gosh it feels like Mariah Carey is sitting on my chest ... wish my sense of smell would have been gone the day I sat next to Mel Gibson ... who are all these poor people in the hospital ...

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

"Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, hello. What's your question?"

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

What is funny about this?

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Just be very careful if he wants his answer off the air.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted