1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given universally-beloved status of Huber within the industry, I shouldn't be shocked by it but it is odd to see AEW's official Twitter account RTing tribute posts and remembrances by WWE guys.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

3. nietsroob17

Xavier Woods promoting the show going up AGAINST his company. More power to him.

It'll NEVER happen these days, but I'd love to see what they did with the Pillman memorial shows for Brodie, where they had WCW, ECW and WWF guys on the card against each other.

4. nietsroob17

Amanda Huber and their kids standing front and center to open Dynamite. Brodie Jr. wearing a mask and clutching a kendo stick -- just gut me now.

Miro was inconsolable standing behind Jericho.

5. nietsroob17

Lance Archer wearing the Luke Harper garb.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That got me too.

Colt Cabana was crying on the way to the ring. Hangman Page also looked emotional.

I’m glad they have Jericho on commentary. Keeps things a little lighter on such a sad night.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  7. Baron Scicluna

Erick Rowan sighting!

And MJF rips off Junior’s mask, and the kid whacks him in the head with the kendo stick.

And now they’re all crying.

8. nietsroob17

ERICK ROWAN!!!!

9. nietsroob17

Hilarious that Excalibur had to keep correcting Jericho from calling him "Rowan" instead of "Redbeard."

As great as it is seeing Rowan, it sucks that Bray is stuck in this stupid BS story with Orton. He should've been on Raw Monday to lead the tribute to Brodie/Harper, but they didn't want to break storyline of him being burned alive.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anyone else find it weird that the last two times WWE has murdered a character on screen, an active wrestler died in real life shortly thereafter?

11. nietsroob17

If that last segment of Dynamite didn't make you tear up, you have no soul.

Farewell, Brodie Lee.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

That ending. Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted