1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Looks like AEW is pushing all its angles back a week and treating Dynamite as a tribute show, with every match involving the Dark Order.

Batman and JimmyHoward33 like this.
  2. nietsroob17

Unless they do it before the last segment, I'm disappointed (but not surprised) that there hasn't been a video for Harper/Brodie on Raw.

I knew they weren't going to do a 10-bell salute or have the locker room on stage, but figured a video package wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They had an "In Memory Of" picture for him at the start of the show.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't want a GIF of the Miz-Morrison victory dance. I NEED a GIF of the Miz-Morrison victory dance.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Great tribute from Xavier, including the spinning lariat.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You know, Mr. Orton, if you're going to keep destroying expensive wrestling rings and lighting co-workers on fire, we might need you to have a little chat with HR.

7. nietsroob17

Oh, I know that. I was thinking/hoping there might be more, especially with the almost unanimous mourning of the roster.

8. nietsroob17

So, are we going to have to wait until next Monday to learn if Alexa was Joan of Arc'ed? They didn't even show the copyright box at the end.

9. nietsroob17

Like the second pic, where the NXT guys were the arms reaching up before Taker/Punk at WM 29. Amazing to see the future main roster stars being used as extras.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wasn't that part of one of his past angles? I might be mixing him up with Kane though, who definitely did that at one point.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kane and Bryan got sent to anger management with Dr. Shelby, which led to the infamous scene where Kane starts listing his character's various actions from the past decade-plus.

Batman and sgreenwell like this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I like the fourth one, which shows "Brodie is a stooge" on the hockey board.

Draft saved Draft deleted