1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm a Celtics fan, and kind of have the same feels at times. A couple things contribute to it: 1) Marcus Smart is a heck of a defender, but he also takes awful shots and plays cheap as shit.

2) I know the overall efficiency and stats are good for Tatum, but its still maddening to see him emulate the worst traits of Kobe at times. I think he's like a Top 5 to Top 10 player at best, which is still awesome, but yet still feels like he won't hit his peak. Yes, he's still young, but his offensive rating has stayed the same for three years though, and not all players develop in a linear fashion.

3) I think Stevens and Ainge are both good at their jobs, but there is a loud and noisy contingent of Celtics fans - like my former coworker - who just shit on them, especially Ainge, because they don't do things like trade for Andre Drummond. (Greg Monroe was also his frequent white whale, until the Celtics did acquire him, and then he was silent because you can no longer play big men with huge holes in their game during the playoffs.) Like, only one (1) team wins the championship each year, and there is something to be said for being consistently good.

Hermes likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not sure what is more gobsmacking - Mavs leading 77-27 at half or the Clippers never having been that far behind before.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Running clock second half?

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The question is will Bill Plaschke write a column complaining the Mavs were running up the score?

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I get some sick enjoyment from watching games this far out of whack. I love 20-1 baseball games, too.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hermes likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Leslie was unreal. Didn't see that game, but did in a section final against my alma mater that season.

Her and Cheryl Miller .... damn.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nobody’s ever been that far behind at halftime before.

HanSenSE and sgreenwell like this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

Losing.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Allen isn’t in college anymore. He’s gonna get his ass kicked.

sgreenwell and Splendid Splinter like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted