1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m so fucking pumped.

It’s clobberin time.

2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Looks amazing.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I guess they must’ve been doing some editing to pull the spoilers out of Wanda Vision and Falcon and the Winter soldier because Black Widow is going to be released in the spring.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jesus, he’s DB Cooper.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Good idea, Scout. We have needed an MCU running thread for a while.

I'm very interested in most of the content Disney announced yesterday, but I'm also disappointed that there wasn't a single mention of the X-Men. WTF!?

6. outofplace

7. outofplace

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I kind of assume they're saving them for a "holy shit" reveal in a movie or a post-credits scene. The pandemic also could have limited their ability to get people signed to deals or shooting stuff to use for teasers. Harder to keep something secret if there are only X percent of the normal movie productions out there as normal.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

My guess is that we won’t see an X-Men MCU reboot for at least five years, and that when we do the first sign of it will be a surprise in a mid- or post-credits scene before any official announcements are made.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Five years strikes me as way too long, especially since with the last Avengers movie, you have something of a resetting of the Marvel landscape, and less guaranteed bankables. Like I don't think Disney is going to lose their shirt on Black Widow, a third Guardians movie and The Eternals, but they all strike me as projects that don't have a ton of potential to be #1 at the box office in a given year, like an X-Men film could.

11. outofplace

That makes sense, especially when you see Disney doing it elsewhere. They made all those announcements of upcoming projects but held off on one that was in the post-credits scene at the end of the season finale of The Mandalorian. Those other familiar characters who showed up in that episode show that Disney can pull off a surprise.

There have been rumors of those characters popping up in Disney+ series or the upcoming movies. A lot depends on how they want to handle it. Were mutants already present in the MCU? Do they come in from an alternate universe? Do they turn the House of M and Decimation storylines from the comics on their ear and have Wanda create them?

I'm guessing they go for something a little less batshit and just start dropping them into different Disney+ series and movies. Maybe Ororo Monroe shows up in Black Panther 2, perhaps just a cameo in a funeral scene for T'Challa. Perhaps she ends up being a larger part of the plot. I'm guessing Falcon and the Winter Soldier is too soon for Wolverine, though I could see it if they mine some of his history with Captain America. WandaVision seems to open up some possibilities as well.

12. outofplace

Agreed. That seems to be too far off.

Draft saved Draft deleted