1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-21 College Basketball thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Sep 22, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Chicago State bails on the rest of its season. It should now consider bailing on the program entirely at the Division I level.

Also: KenPom says home teams have won 52% of games so far. That’s by far the lowest for a season if it holds, and it should. Normally at this point, the home win % is much higher than the final number because the guarantee games are November and December affairs.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For the life of me, I have no idea what Chicago State is doing in D-1, yet alone the WAC.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Do you think that Coach Cal should go backto the platoon system that lead to an undefeated season? Cal could also try to run more up tempo if he did that. Bring back the Pitino press and wear people down.

The downsize is that the typical five star, first round pick in waiting will not want to platoon. But Cal has been striking out on them anyway. But there are certainly lots of very talented kids who would want to go to Kentucky?

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Duke women just called it a season.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Official statement:

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Michigan's Hunter Dickinson is Duke levels of good and possibly also Duke levels of annoying.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The WAC is a zombie conference with maybe one original member: New Mexico State, and only because the MWC wouldn't accept them. When Tarleton becomes eligible, they'll wreck this league.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

New Mexico State was in the PCAA from 1988 to like 2000.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

Almost all the original members ended up either founding or joining the Mountain West, with the exception of Texas-El Paso.

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The WAC was founded in 1962. The six original members were Arizona, ASU, Utah, BYU, New Mexico and Wyoming. New Mexico State is the senior member of the current WAC, having joined in 2005.

I am old enough to remember this, which means I am to old to go out on New Year's Eve and instead type this post.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

11. 2muchcoffeeman

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

UVa and Virginia Tech postponed as well, after I went on another screed about that game being put on the ACC Network, which is the bane of my existence at this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted