1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowls/playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not sure how great the Harsin hire is - 6-6 against P5 schools while at Boise.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's going to be fun to watch.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That seems slightly underwhelming.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

For those watching the bowl game tonight, can anyone understand a damn thing DJ Shockley is saying?

5. Neutral Corner

South Carolina fans on twitter talking about how UAB dodged a bullet.

The only conference champion without a bowl game. We could have used the money.

Ah, well, F 2020 anyhow.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope UAB finds a game - I think a) teams that qualify for a bowl game should absolutely take full advantage of the extra practices and b) I'm sure another spot will open up. Two in two days doesn't bode well for bowl season. Who knows, maybe UAB ends up in a NY6.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that Billy Napier had turned down Auburn, too. That apparently happened on Monday.
    I know it's 2020, but did anybody think they'd see a day when somebody turned down Auburn to stay at Louisiana-Lafayette? It's almost enough to make you think the political intricacies of that Auburn gig are finally making people wonder.
    It's actually refreshing. A lot of careers have died because the low-major coach jumped at the first big payday he could get rather than looking at it and saying, "I'd like to be a head coach three years from today."

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty good for them when you consider how dysfunctional that place is. It seems like their big donors have way too much influence.

9. Neutral Corner

You think? Two words: Bobby Lowder. It's been that way for decades, and the University of Alabama is as bad or worse. They're just better at keeping most of it private.

10. Neutral Corner

Turned down by coaches from the Belt and C-USA. That's some fun schadenfreude around here.

It was never public, but Clark had talked to two other SEC schools before this.

11. Neutral Corner

I'm thinking Bobo getting sacked will be the first order of business when the next coach walks in.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted