1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football bowls/playoff thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Hell, Charlie Brown is better at the coaching than Jimbo.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Buh-bye Vols. Do I hear a phone ringing at West Point?

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Maybe it just doesn't mean more when you really suck.
    Or maybe they're doing the right thing.
    Or maybe they're about to whack Pruitt.
    Any or none of these could be accurate.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Been participating in a bowl pool for almost 30 years, usually around 200 people involved - usually more fun than the game - cancelled this year for understandable reasons. It's just unworkable given the turnaround - etc.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Best part of this bowl season is I don’t have to watch Pat Narduzzi try and sludgeball his way to a 17-13 win only to realize the 6-6 piece of shit he’s playing has way more talent than his 7-5 piece of shit.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

How benevolent

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

While I’m a traditionalist in the sense that I remember when making a bowl was supposed to be a major accomplishment, I get the money aspect.

What bugs me is when 6-6 schools boast about making bowl games. You finished 5 fucking hundred. Two fucking thirds of the teams make bowl games. Stop acting like you accomplished something.

wicked and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

Saint Dabo of the Upstate voted Ohio State 11th.
    That's worse than excluding them entirely, which you could justify if you sincerely believe they didn't play enough games and didn't, therefore, generate enough data points to deserve a ranking. But he didn't do that. He didn't claim some higher ground. He turned in a ballot that said 10 teams were better than Ohio State. That's comical. It's also an expression of bitterness because he's afraid they might beat his team. They came awfully close last year.

10. tapintoamerica

A rash of positive tests announced on a Monday makes me wonder if the team in question played while unknowingly infected and/or if they were infected by the opponent during the game. But those dots simply haven't been connected. Gotta believe that if both teams in a particular Saturday's game suddenly had issues two days later, somebody would have figured that out. We just haven't seen it.
    All eyes on ATM.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

That is so despicable. It really is. And I can't stand the Suckeyes.

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted