1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020-2021 NBA Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Splendid Splinter, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

He's arguably the third best player in the NBA right now. Will probably surpass LeBron soon.

2. Splendid Splinter

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

He doesn’t look like he was running sprints in offseason.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He never looks like he’s in great shape, but he rarely misses a game and plays a lot of minutes with a ridiculous usage rate. At some point, he is going to break down and the downside will be steep.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

When did Eddie Lacy start playing basketball?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go with ...

GI'ANT

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Same reason I never ran a thumbnail of Schwarzenegger when he was the governator.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I know everyone went down this road with early stage MJ and LBJ...but what has he won?

10. Splendid Splinter

Man, I guess Karl Malone and John Stockton suck. How about Charles Barkley? He's awful, too.

JC likes this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

A couple rounds in the playoffs? I kind of get the point that you're making - if you absolutely need to win a game, he has some weaknesses on offense that you can scheme against and exploit. But he's 25 and increased his PPG every year in the league, and he's now sitting at 29.5, along with 13.6 rebounds and 5.6 assists. His advanced stats are also excellent - he's not an intentional one man show like Westbrook in Oklahoma City. He plays a ton of minutes. He's clearly a Top 5 guy in the league type. Even if he isn't LeBron, he's clearly above the "all stats little pro success" tier like a Carmelo Anthony.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can you point me in the direction where I said he sucks?

Draft saved Draft deleted