1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jerry getting ready to sing to The Steelers to close out the show.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Ravens bought time to try to get them cleared. They must have tested positive again. Just because the plan failed doesn't mean it wasn't wrong.

The Steelers really are just determined to lose. They needed an insane catch by Washington to pull it out. This could end up being a very costly victory. Dupree's injury looks serious.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hey, the Ravens are back.

4. heyabbott

If only they didnt screw the end of the 1st half

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It isn't often you can rub it in a fan's face that their team won, yet here we are...

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Unfair that the Steelers got to stay undefeated!

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb: when oop predicts a Steeler loss mid-game, take the Steelers.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You thought it was going to be a blowout. I told you exactly why it would be a game. I was right and my team won. Thanks for playing.

The only real dark cloud is Bud Dupree's injury. That looked so much like the way Devin Bush went down with a torn ACL. I hope I'm wrong and Dupree is okay, for his sake and for the team's.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This game is the perfect illustration of why I don't gamble.
    The line moved to 10.5, and that still seemed really tight to me. There was no way, I thought, that the Ravens, lacking 10 or so starters, could compete with a 10-0 team. And truthfully, it was only close because the Steelers screwed up a couple of drives in the first half and allowed a long TD to a team that had quit. And, yeah, the Ravens had quit. On two previous possessions, they showed no urgency, allowing the play clock to run under 10 on several plays while they trailed by 12 points. They went for it and failed on the first and punted on the second.
    Yet here it is: a five-point final. And that, by the way, was the original line in at least a couple of places.
    It's almost eerie.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Meh, so it wasn't over by the third quarter. I figured the Steelers were going to control time of possession more.

You also thought Steelers were going to lose and declared they were going to be losing at the half and were falling to 10-1.

Call it a draw.

11. heyabbott

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted