1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is what I've been told, but I've never watched the show. My daughter likes it and she loves Deadpool, but she didn't seem to care either way when I told her.

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Can someone possibly explain to me the dramatic choice that Sonequa Martin-Green has made to whisper most of her lines?

3. outofplace

Daredevil Netflix series rights revert back to Marvel, and fans are demanding a revival | GamesRadar+

I knew it was coming around now, but apparently, the rights for all of the Marvel characters that had been on Netflix shows officially reverted to Marvel's control Sunday. Marvel Studios couldn't even begin the development of anything with those characters until that happened. I hope that means we will be seeing Charlie Cox return as Daredevil in the MCU. They could bring the series to Disney+, though I will admit the last episode worked very well as a series finale. I don't think they need to try to bring it all back, but Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher, and Kingpin would all be great in the MCU, hopefully with the same actors.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I don't think the rights to all the Marvel characters from Netflix shows reverted back. I think Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist have reverted, but Jessica Jones and the Punisher were cancelled later, so they don't revert until February. The deal was that they revert two years after they're cancelled by Netflix.

I hope they don't recast the characters too, but I have a feeling they will. I could see them working them in some during the other Disney+ shows and then launching a Heroes for Hire show.

5. outofplace

I'm sure you are right about Jessica Jones and Punisher not reverting back yet. I forgot there was a decent amount of time between the first cancellation and the last.

The decision to keep Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool gives me a little hope, but the Netflix shows weren't near that sort of commercial success. Honestly, they can let most of the Netflix cast go. Just keep Charlie Cox, Vincent D'Onofrio, Krysten Ritter, and Jon Bernthal. :)

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Rosario Dawson kept around too, but if they're going to do an Ahsoka Tano show, she might not have much time for it.

8. outofplace

Dawson is apparently on board with the #SaveDaredevil campaign on social media, but my understanding was that she was done with the Marvel Netflix shows even if they hadn't been canceled.

I would certainly like to see her in either universe, but given the choice, I'd rather see an Ahsoka Tano series. I thought she was very good in her one appearance in the role so far.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

WandaVision will drop on Disney+ Jan. 15.

11. outofplace

Charlie Cox to Return as Daredevil, But With a Big (Screen) Twist — Report

It looks like the rumors of Charlie Cox returning as Daredevil in Spider-Man 3 have returned. This was supposedly debunked many months ago because Marvel wasn't going to get the rights to use the character soon enough, but perhaps the pandemic pushing things back changed all that. As discussed above, Marvel recently got the rights back to use the character in the MCU.

I'm torn about the rest of the rumor. It seems like this might be a Spider-Verse type of thing. I had already heard about Jamie Foxx returning as Electro, but according to this, there are a lot more. The multiverse connection makes some sense with Dr. Strange expected to be in the movie.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Many big doings in the MCU today and it’s not even D23.

(MORE)

Draft saved Draft deleted