1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

KO and Roman had some fun matches when KO was universal champion. If that’s what’s next it’s going to be great seeing them run it back with the face/heel roles reversed

JRoyal likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He was awesome last night. After Bryan gets beaten up by Jey, KO confronts the two of them and starts running down how Roman’s treatment of Jey is not what family is all about. Then Roman tells Jey that he needs to make KO fear him. Instead, KO fights off Jey, beats the shit out of him, and talks trash to Roman through the camera about how he’s not impressed with Roman’s head of the table stuff.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Was recommended this YouTube clip on 2010 Old School Raw, and it's eerie. Eight of the legends on stage have since passed -- Snuka, Chavo Sr., Gene, Fink, Mae, Dusty, Steele and Volkoff.

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Just finished Smackdown. That was a really well done segment, from KO talking straight to the camera, to Roman’s growing anger to even Heyman standing there looking scared about what was going on. Even KO grabbing the chair at the end and sitting at the “head” of the announce table was a great touch. This has the makings of a great feud that hopefully they let run at least through the Rumble.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  5. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

On another note, are the Mysterios heels now, because that’s how they looked during Murphy’s match on Smackdown against Corbin.

6. Baron Scicluna

Yeah, that just seemed strange, although Corbin always is due for a comeuppance.

JRoyal likes this.
  7. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Most of it could be explained as them screwing with Corbin, but Rey jumping into the ring instead of just up on the apron and Dominik putting the foot on the rope were what got me the most. I would've loved to see how a real crowd would've reacted to it. I have a feeling it wouldn't have gone the way the writers think it would.

8. nietsroob17

Lana pinned Shayna Baszler. LOL.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. nietsroob17

Oh shit. Reckoning got Shockmastered against Dana Brooke and lost her mask.

Naturally, the commentators play dumb and don't realize she looks like one of NXT's most visible stars.

10. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Asuska makes me root for Lana, which is a hell of an accomplishment.

Its hilarious to me that they’re selling this sword of Drew’s as a Scottish ancestral blade when he was all over media saying the thing belongs to Vince from Trips and Steph. Which is borderline a better story for getting Drew over than the fake Scottish thing anyway!

11. nietsroob17

Jeff Hardy is going to be 65 and still trying this shit. He's lucky he didn't get knocked out cold here.

12. Baron Scicluna

Unless the sword is used against either Drew or one of his opponents, I don't seek why they're pushing it so much.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted