1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Newsmax is running "watch us" ads on my local old folks' AM station.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Under the Christian Republican constitution, and SCOTUS, when polygamy be constitutional?

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thinking this may require an amendment to the Constitution. So, we're doomed.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. President Obama should have fought harder. He should have tried just putting Garland on the court. It is easy to say that in hindsight, because I'm not sure many people realized just how far Republicans would go in the four years that followed, but plenty of folks said it at the time.

6. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

It is easy to say in hindsight. But I also thought he should have fought for his right as a president, emphasizing that, even if it was an election year, he had to govern through his term and that includes making Supreme Court nominations (and while, as much as I hated it, why I thought Trump had the right to nominate ACB). Curious to know what he was being advised to do behind the scenes because, if memory serves, it just didn't seem like there was much of a fight at all.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Obama: "Since no one voted against my nomination, I've just seated Justice Garland on the court."

What does the Senate do? How do the other justices react? Would have been amazing to see.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Jenius!

Webster and TowelWaver like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

JC likes this.
  10. heyabbott

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Law School ought to explain how the idiot backwards ignorant scumbag got through law school. But UNC has no conscience or integrity either.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Same day that age of consent laws are ruled unconstitutional so that these preverts can poon as many teens as they like with impunity.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. heyabbott

Don’t you worry and don’t you fear Sister Amy Coathanger and her devout faith of buggery and graft will soon be near.
    Those devout Republican Christians will soon be marrying 12-15 year old sisters. Amy’s about as Catholic as Ayatollah Dershowitz. Kavanaugh is a real Irish Catholic asshole, drunk and rapey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.