1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Used to watch Friday nights in college with buddies and brewskis before going out just to get belly laughs watching JR just f*ck over everybody. JR's smile and conniving was perfect.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A fantastic line from Shetland's most recent season - "I'm not gonna lie to you Duncan. Watching you live your life, is like watching Scotland trying to qualify for the World Cup. It's frustrating, embarassing, at times excruciating. But ultimately, I live in hope that you'll get there in the end."

It's weird that the central relationship in the show is between the chief inspector and his ex-wife's widower.

5. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I really like Duncan, they knocked him down a peg in the last season I saw.

There is another season not on Netflix - it’s on Acorn or Britbox.

6. DanOregon

Britbox. I've caught up - two more series have been given the go-ahead.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Finished S3 of Fargo. Pretty incredible ending of a pretty slow-moving season. Geez, I was rooting for Nikki Swango. After a rough, slutty start, she turned hot and just jumped off the screen. But I was hoping for Gloria to succeed too, and nail Varga to the wall.

8. DanOregon

I'm watching the current season - it's finale is up this week. I do understand some "confusion" over it though in that while past seasons have focused on two or three characters, this one has about seven or eight "central" characters. Figure Ben Whishlaw, who I barely recognized as he was kind of in the background, will be making a serious play before all is said and done (only on ep 4). The only quibble is that Chris Rock's accent (or lack thereof) kind of takes me out of the period.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is for the fans of The West Wing. Richard Schiff and his wife were both diagnosed with COVID Nov. 4 and are recovering. The video is a series of messages from other members of the cast. The look on Schiff's face as he watches them is priceless.

OscarMadison, Deskgrunt50 and Wenders like this.
  10. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

A bunch of great old-school cartoons are also on HBO Max. I binged all of the original Scooby Doo from the 60s (I'm waiting for them to add The New Scooby Doo Mysteries with all of the celebrities) back earlier this month when I had just started a new job and my brain was so on overdrive that I needed a brain break.

Also, thanks OOP for posting that. Richard and his wife Sheila area also currently on The Good Doctor. I had only seen Dule Hill's outtake:

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I had already seen the outtake earlier this week. I didn't see what aired until today.

12. DanOregon

One of the things that makes the various West Wing reunions, whether they are PSAs or whatever enjoyable is that you really get that people on that show liked each other and it wasn't just another job for them.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted