1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

"It's a pandemic" is not an excuse for not following the rules when it isn't necessary to break them. I would ask you to stop posting from ignorance, but I won't ask you for something beyond your capacity.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Nate the Great is confused by your response, coach.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The game is still being played in the week it is scheduled. Seriously, I guess Steeler players and fans are as ignorant lack the same self awareness you do.

4. outofplace

If you would actually try to understand before posting, you would realize it is not just the Steelers and their fans who are pointing out the problem. I'm really sorry your mind is so limited.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Whatever you say Gump.

6. outofplace

I am trying to find some clarity regarding which Ravens' players have tested positive. I thought the reports on Ingram, Dobbins, Skura, and McPhee were positive tests. If that is the case, all four should be sitting out even with the game on Sunday. That leaves three more players who have tested positive. But hey, if the protocols don't matter, just let 'em all play Sunday, right?

7. outofplace

I just read about one more side effect of the schedule change that I hadn't realized. There would have been fans at the game Thursday night, but there will be no fans Sunday. Pennsylvania decided to stop allowing fans at NFL games due to the rise in COVID cases, but that was not scheduled to take effect until this weekend. Was it stupid to say that it is unsafe to allow fans at the games, but we will wait until after the big Thanksgiving Day game? Yes, it was. Still, it sucks for those few who were going.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

My thoughts for all the Steelers and their fans and the 49ers and Raiders fans and all points regarding this schedule change:

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

What'd I tell you, huh? This poster right here is strong, confident, and powerful. OOP, I tell ya, I'd hate to see you and Michelle Obama arm wrestle, but I wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it, either.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ you guys. This makes me want the Lions game to start early just so there's something else to comment about.

HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. outofplace

You assume this is going to stop when the games start. Funny. :)

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Apologize if someone has already posted this, but I was just saw this statement from the Cowboys:

On Tuesday morning, shortly before 7:30 a.m., Dallas Cowboys Strength and Conditioning Coordinator Markus Paul experienced a medical emergency at the team’s headquarters, The Star in Frisco, TX. Paul was immediately treated by Cowboys medical personnel and transported to Plano Presbyterian Hospital by ambulance. Markus Paul, surrounded by his family, passed away at the hospital this evening at the age of 54. The cause of death is pending.

The organization extends its prayers and support to the Paul family, and the team will recognize and remember Markus, a valued and loved member of the Cowboys Family, prior to the Thanksgiving Day game tomorrow afternoon.

STATEMENT FROM JERRY JONES:

“The loss of a family member is a tragedy, and Markus Paul was a loved and valued member of our family. He was a pleasant and calming influence in our strength room and throughout The Star. His passion for his work and his enthusiasm for life earned him great respect and admiration from all of our players and the entire organization. We offer our love and support to his family in this very difficult time. Our hearts are broken for his family and all of the individuals whose lives he touched and made better.”

STATEMENT FROM MIKE McCARTHY:

“We extend our love, strength and support to Markus’ family during this most challenging of times and ask that their privacy be respected moving forward. Markus Paul was a leader in this building. He earned the players respect and attention because he cared so much and was a naturally gifted communicator—both on the personal and professional levels. He handled every situation, sometimes with a smile and a pat on the back, and sometimes with tough love. He had innate toughness in a job that requires that quality, and he was admired throughout the NFL by his peers and the players he coached. It was a privilege to work with him as a coach and laugh with him as a friend. Markus did everything the right way.”

Draft saved Draft deleted