1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus christ, guys. They are making it up on the fly, to a fit which best helps the League as a whole. If you are looking for fairness in schedules, it ain't going to be. The 10-0 Steelers are getting the short end. Get over it. The league has games to put on, and checks to cash. As Tony Soprano said, "We're running a business here!"

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Smith... NFC East lead...
    It’s not horrible.

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

It could be interesting in the same way as watching NASCAR wrecks is. Bit if it has anything to do with the NFC East it is horrible. This is a division where the best QB starting this week is Alex Smith.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Only thing funnier than Trump crybabies are Steeler crybabies.

poindexter likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They could have played the game Friday or Saturday. If that report is true, the league is ignoring its own protocols either to placate the Ravens or because they think it will be better to televise the game on Sunday instead of Friday or Saturday. The league screwed over the 49ers and the Raiders when they were in situations similar to the Ravens earlier this season.

Next time, try understanding the point before responding.

6. outofplace

Speaking of people who don't understand points before responding, thank you for chiming in again. I understand your bitterness. Being a Browns fan will do that to you. The actual Browns, the expansion team Cleveland got to replace the Ravens, have one playoff appearance ever and even that ended in humiliation.

This one is just for you.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Steelers ass fucking the Ravens Thursday would help the Browns a lot.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

With 4
    Im not whining I’m just saying.

The Steelers and their fans can shut the fuck up. We are the middle of a pandemic and they are whining about there poor bye week.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s not

10. outofplace

Yet another idiot who can't keep up speaks up. The point is the league's inconsistency and refusal to stick to its own protocols. Delaying a game so it can be played safely is the right call. If the game was actually delayed so the Ravens would have time to clear players who wouldn't be eligible Thursday because they were close contacts is not the right call. Yes, it is unfair to the Steelers. It is also unfair to the Raiders and 49ers, who were told to suck it up and play under similar circumstances earlier in the season.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s a fucking pandemic, there was never going to be consistency. Things are constantly evolving. Piss off with your passive aggressive whining.

12. outofplace

At least the league got something right. The game will be televised nationally on NBC at 1:15 p.m. Sunday. I admit that my concern there was all self-interest. I want to be able to see it live.

Draft saved Draft deleted