1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You get Mango Mussolini and find a gas station. I'll bring the pipe.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...521108-2d34-11eb-9c71-ccf2c0b8d571_story.html

After years of denying allegations of lax financial oversight, the National Rifle Association has made a stunning declaration in a new tax filing: Current and former executives used the nonprofit group’s money for personal benefit and enrichment.

The NRA said in the filing that it continues to review the alleged abuse of funds, as the tax-exempt organization curtails services and runs up multimillion-dollar legal bills. The assertion of impropriety comes four months after the attorney general of New York state filed a lawsuit accusing NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and other top officials of using NRA funds for decades to provide inflated salaries and expense accounts.

The tax return, which The Washington Post obtained from the organization, says the NRA “became aware during 2019 of a significant diversion of its assets.” The 2019 filing states that LaPierre and five former officials received “excess benefits,” a term the IRS uses when officials have enriched themselves at the expense of a nonprofit entity.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I've heard $50,000 kicked around. Senate probably finds a way to squeeze that down a bit.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If it was just Warren making this announcement, I'd tend to agree with you. But Schumer is not one to lead from the front on anything.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, there's no way any Republican will vote for anything Biden proposes. The 50K figure is doable by executive action. Of course that will be challenged in the courts, but it must be based on the law somehow.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I have a little less than $10k left and I made it out ok, but it now makes me wonder why I was a fool and decided to pay my bill.

A former coworker was a relatively new college grad. She was in over six figures and was paying $1,000 a month, which almost all went to interest. No thank you.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Flynn just pardoned via tweet.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

".........by a lottttttt."

[​IMG]

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

1550 people died today of GOPVirus

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is why I wonder how much it matters what Schumer is saying. Wake me when there is any indication that the Republicans won't stand in the way.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.