1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yet again I call your attention to the Orwell quote in my sig.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Colbert riffed on it at length last night.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Can we replace the "you" with a "thou" for further umbrage exclaiming?

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Right wing Facebook friend. Another sign they want affirmation and not information.

For almost a decade I have watched Fox News and have enjoyed their presentation of it. But no longer will I be a supporter of them. I have switched to NEWSMAX as I feel Fox truly has lost it's way. Sean Hannity should consider leaving Fox. Tucker Carlson should be ashamed of himself. Last, any network that hires the likes of Donna Brazil truly can't be trusted. Truly stunned at Dana Perino's comments... Juan Williams & Chris Wallace and others are left wing hitmen...Fox News is in my rear view mirror now.

Plus an intelligent response

Yep, I don’t know what happened to you but you just destroyed your network and we’re leaving by the millions! We the people made you number one for years and you stabbed us squarely in our backs! Great fucking corporate move idiots! I can’t imagine setting my goals to get less ratings then reruns of Gilligans Island! This has to be the absolute biggest fuck up in the history of network news! Whoever is running the now failed FOX should be drug out of their office and thrown out on the shit, piss and needle covered street!!! Unfortunately, you will not come back from this! I hope the few good people left leave as fast as they can!! One more thing, FUCK YOU FOX!!!

heyabbott likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about this toad:

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I really hate that we have such things as "challengers" in elections.
    We have to fix our system to where someone has to prove a ballot is wrong instead of someone proving it's OK.
    It should be like replay in football. You get a challenge. If you are correct, you get to keep it. If you are wrong, no more challenges.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

In spite of his being a Michigan State person, I really like Tim Alberta's reporting. Admittedly because a lot of it is Michigan stuff I relate to (West Michigan is full of conservative morally upright Dutch people!)

maumann likes this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"Four score and seven pounds ago ... "

Sea Bass and HanSenSE like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This sentence is actually true.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

8C5C0BBF-3BA0-42E5-97F1-A72898A76D69.jpeg

HC, maumann, Regan MacNeil and 2 others like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Speaking as an X-Ray tech, there's a certain amount of truth in that statement. It's even truer if you include rectal insertion.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Brazil, Kurtz, Juan Williams, who else got run out normal media and found jobs slinging shit for the sewer company?

And now, Fox is being given the CNN treatment by its original consumers. They don't like the news, they'll find someone to tell them what they want to hear.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.