1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I have probably mixed those two up. You would think it was a joke to say a referee could even botch the coin toss, but with those two, it was not.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

If you google Lions Steelers coin toss the first entry is Phil Luckett’s Wikipedia page

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Could have kncoked me over with a swab

4. outofplace

I absolutely get that it is the right call, but the Steelers are rightfully pissed. This is the second major disruption of their schedule due to COVID issues on another team. Playing at home on a short week is a significant advantage. The Steelers are being robbed of that edge by this decision, so I absolutely get the players being pissed. The Ravens have a much better chance at winning this game now that it has been postponed.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not if all their running backs are in quarantine.

6. outofplace

That would have been the case Thursday, too. Either way, they have a better chance with the postponement. That said, I don't think the league had a choice. Schefter is reporting that more players tested positive today. If the game can't be played at all this week, however, it should be a forfeit.

Some of the positive tests were guys who weren't going to play, anyway. Calais Campbell was one of the new positives today and he has been out with a calf injury. Center Matt Skura is reportedly among the other new positive tests today.

7. outofplace

I am curious to see what the NFL does with the time and network for the game. NBC just lost a big draw with the game being moved from Thursday night. Even allowing NBC to keep the game and broadcast nationally on Sunday wouldn't make that up. Also, it would screw over Fox and CBS. From a personal standpoint, I'm pissed because now I might not get to see it live.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The right move. Even if NBC airs it, there's going to be a much smaller check sent to Park Avenue.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am positive that all the financial details about what would happen if a game had to be postponed out of NBC's exclusive national rights field was discussed and planned for by the relevant parties before the season even began. Same with the other one-network games tomorrow and on December Saturdays, Fox Thursdays and ESPN Monday nights. The networks would demand no less.

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Watching a few heads explode here if the Steelers became the first team to forfeit would be a memorable day in SJ history.

Songbird and sgreenwell like this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean how long ago was it the national conversation centered around how Thursdays were bad for players because of the short turn around and now a chance to get regular rest is bad because the other guys--who couldn't practice this week--are going to get the same amount of rest? And still likely be without key players and not have had the amount of practice time the Steelers got? Pardon me while I get the world's smallest violin out of its case.

Songbird and Gutter like this.
  12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Bitch about the Steelers on game day. Bitch about how the Steelers are getting screwed by the league the other six days.
    It has been that poster's modus operandi here for forever.

Draft saved Draft deleted