1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Amish country dinner theater! So you know science will be respected!

playthrough and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Republicans filed a lawsuit Tuesday asking the Wisconsin Supreme Court to block certification of the presidential election results even as a recount over President-elect Joe Biden’s win over President Donald Trump is ongoing.

Republicans sue to stop Wisconsin vote certification

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why did you respond to goalmouth in such a manner? That was unkind.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

false. The examples I noted were all real life examples of candidates being disqualified.

One guy used his brother’s ID on a traffic stop as a teenager. Decades later told he can’t run for office.

president of county bar association disqualified because either he, a junior, or his dad was charged with bouncing checks and one or the other wunder the then hot check law. Since the charges were decades old, there’s no records for which one it was. Son said it was his dead dad, judge said it didn’t matter. Couldn’t run. Still a lawyer though.

Another guy had a fake ID made in college. Was busted. Decades later was told he couldn’t run for office since a judge decided that was an infamous crime.

6. heyabbott

Where? Infamous crimes and crimes of moral turpitude were part of the rules of evidence, prior convictions of such crimes could be used to impeach a witness. I frankly never heard of them used in the context of public office eligibility.

we’ve had a few disbarred attorneys run for public office. Robin Fucking Ficker has been sanctioned numerous times, disbarred I believe temporarily, and runs every election.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Not for nothing, but the phrase "off is where you should fuck" will immediately enter my lexicon.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I need him to win by 10 million. Can he get there with one more recount?

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Gov. Andrew Cuomo and President Trump have found one thing they can agree on.
    The governor took aim at members of the media for taking on a “nastier tone” and openly disrespecting the president at press conferences.
    “The way they question President Trump at some of these press conferences is just — I’ve never heard that tone with the president,” the New York governor told WAMC host Alan Chartock on Monday.
    When Chartock countered with, “Well, he deserves it, doesn’t he?,” Cuomo doubled down.
    “Well, yeah, except there’s supposed to be a decorum to the institution,” he said. “You want to say, ‘Well I don’t like the president and I disrespect him.’ I know. But it’s still the office of the president.”

I must have missed the day when Trump treated the media with respect and decorum.

10. heyabbott

I may have missed the day when Trump treated anyone or the country with respect and decorum

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Putin Warns That U.S. Will Be Controlled by Americans
    I thought this was from the Onion.
    Putin said Biden is the “puppet of the American people.”
    And this quote: “His Cabinet appointments have left little doubt that, after four years of progress, the United States has fallen into American hands. Joe Biden is keenly aware that Americans put him in power, and he will do their bidding.”

Aside from the fact that it’s pretty much the way it’s supposed to work, does that speak volumes about how Putin perceived his relationship with Trump?

America has fallen into American hands? The humanity.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Putin is one of those snakes on the nature show that can eat a gigantic egg whole. He does this shit entirely for fun.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.