1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football Week 13 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 23, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"I never believed something like this would happen to me," sources told Penthouse, "but as I was walking across the quad, I ran into a solid 6 wanting help with her homework ..."

Batman likes this.
  2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Hey Judge, cheer up, will ya?

BTExpress likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is no way there will be a third Clemson-ND game right?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I can't imagine anyone would want that, but if Clemson wins the rematch there will surely be people calling for it. And either team would have the right to be pissed if they're the odd man out.
    I do see a very plausible path for Cincinnati to get into the Playoff if Alabama wins the SEC and Notre Dame wins the ACC. That knocks out No. 3 Clemson and No. 6 Florida; the Big Ten winner (Ohio State or Northwestern) gets another spot, unfortunately; and then it comes down to an undefeated Cincinnati or a one-loss Texas A&M team that got smoked by Alabama. Only Alabama gets into the Playoff without winning its division, so that would push Cincinnati up to the 4-seed.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Vandy may dragoon kicker from womens soccer team, on advice of Gary Barnett.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"They'd canceled the football game because of COVID, but I could tell right away she was interested in another kind of ballgame."

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'd add something like "Her pom poms were the envy of the cheer squad," but we're making this thread NSFW.

Batman likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh, c'mon. Live a little. There's a whole BYU/missionary double entendre we haven't mined yet.

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think that kicker - Katie Hnina? - ended up at New Mexico and Rocky Long had her kick an extra point. Rocky's daughters were great high school athletes in Microville, earned D1 scholarships and one is in her high school's HOF.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Her kicking a last-second FG to beat Barnett's alma mater would rank right up there in MU loss ignominy (albeit that's a long list).

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Her pom-poms were artificial.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted