1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 12 thread -- As sweet as a Kolber kiss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

As least Broadway Joe hoped so at some point in his life ...

THURSDAY
    Houston (-3) at Detroit, 1230
    Washington at Dallas (-3), 430
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh (-4.5), 820

SUNDAY EARLY
    Las Vegas (-3) at Atlanta
    L.A. Chargers at Buffalo (-5.5)
    N.Y. Giants (-5.5) at Cincinnati
    Tennessee at Indianapolis (-4)
    Carolina at Minnesota (-4)
    Arizona (-2.5) at New England
    Miami (-7) at N.Y. Jets
    Cleveland (-7) at Jacksonville

SUNDAY LATE
    San Francisco at L.A. Rams (-7)
    Kansas City at Tampa Bay (-3)
    New Orleans (-5.5) at Denver

SUNDAY NIGHT
    Chicago at Green Bay (NL)

MONDAY NIGHT
    Seattle (-6) at Philadelphia

THOUGHTS: We will have some real movement in the NFC East this week. Either Washington or Dallas will have four wins, and the Giants most likely will as well. ... Steelers only favored by 4.5 seems like it's one of those too-easy lines, but it's a rivalry and it could be the season for the Ravens. I expect an inspired performance. ... Intrigued by that Chargers-Bills game, just because Herbert is so fun to watch.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Four left in my Survivor pool, including me.

Can't go with Browns or Dolphins as I've already used them.

Still have Steelers, Bills, Seahawks alive. Would love to hold onto Seahawks for when they play the Jets in a couple weeks. Steelers would make a fine pick this week, but then they've got Washington next week. Saints on the road in Denver looks shaky to me. Plus I've lost late in the year with the Saints in these things more than once. I do like the Bills and don't see a spot down the road for them better than this week.

I am talking myself into the Giants, aren't I?

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Giants? You hadn't mentioned the Giants. They wouldn't be a terrible pick against the Bengals without Burrow, but I don't trust the Giants against anybody.

If the team doesn't have to cover in your pool, I would go with the Bills. When in doubt, trust the better team.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think people are having trouble seeing the Steelers sweep the Ravens. A few years back, the Ravens were really bad and playing their backup quarterback, but still managed to pull the upset. As long as the only guys they are missing are Dobbins, Ingram, and Harrison, the Ravens have a good shot. Edwards has put up some big numbers against Pittsburgh before, including the first meeting this season.

This could be a bit different because the Steelers are healthier. They have Tyson Alualu back at nose tackle and Mike Hilton at slot corner. Those two could make a big difference this time around.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Literally healthier.

More positive virus tests for Ravens, source says

6. TheSportsPredictor

I am not convinced the Bills are better than the Chargers. Chargers are -13 in point differential while the Bills are +7. Chargers keep choking away games, so they are 3-7. Points scored and points allowed by the teams are nearly identical.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay is a three point favorite over the Chiefs? Not gonna see a better overlay than that this year.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

First, how the hell do you have so many good teams left?

I'm one of two still alive in mine, but I've used Pittsburgh, Buffalo, New Orleans and Miami already.

I hate picking road teams, but it looks like I'm going to have to this week. Seahawks, Browns and Giants are the best bets among what I've got left. Giants are VERY tempting because there's no chance I'd ever pick them again the rest of the season, saving the better teams for later if needed.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Still have Ravens, Saints, Titans, Raiders, and Cardinals, too.

I have won four times with three teams that have three wins each. Going against the Giants, Jags, and Jets is as good as picking the good teams!

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'd have way more faith in the Bills' coaching and the motivation of players than the Chargers at this point, though. Maybe Herbert can push them to some wins down the stretch, but they're 3-7 with a coach that is probably going to get fired if he missed the playoffs. That point differential could "correct" to a more appropriate level for a bad team as they play out the schedule.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

One famous 12 appears to be struggling.

Also, this thread title should’ve been Staubach.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Meh, fuck the Cowboys.

Draft saved Draft deleted