1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm getting quite a kick out of GSA Emily and the Wayne County canvasser dicking around with their little power trips like they don't think the entire nation's paying attention, and suddenly getting their unexpected 15 minutes of fame and finding out losing your anonymity only makes it much worse when the inevitable backlash grinds you up and spits you out.

Sometimes you think you're the windshield. But this time, those two (and Brian Kemp) are definitely the bug. Splat.

CONSEQUENCES.

I don't know who Emily Murphy thinks she's either fooling or protecting with her rambling "not really apologizing but whining the whole time about how unfair it all is and I did it because it wasn't clear who won" letter that exactly one person -- her -- cared to read, almost exactly the same tone as Grosse Pointe's Kanvassing Karen. In two months, she'll be out of work but everybody will know exactly who and what she is. Get the resume up to date, because you'll need a nice right-wing organization in search of a policy wonk.

I remember some advice given to me by one of my first bosses: "I don't give a (expletive) about your excuses, your feelings or your problems. Just shut up and do the damn job."

Emily, shut up and do the damn job.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

maumann likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

At The Villages, he'll also be headlining the Pickleball Awards.

5. HanSenSE

Gotta raise legal fees somehow.

6. HanSenSE

Easy on YAB. He may be the only one on this board who has OANN on his system. Someone has to take one for the team.

OscarMadison and Tighthead like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As a Michigander, I can say that Ferris isn't a terrible school, per se. It's kind of the state's official polytechnic and is kind of the place to go if you want to study pharmacy or optometry or become a dental hygienist. It also has the state's only golf management program, if I recall correctly, and they kind of absorbed Kendall, which is probably the best art school in Michigan. Athletically, they've got one of the best D2 football programs in the country (that's where Butch Jones played) and have had D1 hockey for decades, even though their rink looks like a garage and has a 10-foot ceiling. Jeff Blashill, the Wings' head coach, went there, as did NHL veteran and hair-puller Chris Kunitz.

The bigger strike against Ferris is Big Rapids, which is where it's located. It's on the west side of the state but not far north enough to be pretty like Traverse City or far south enough to have things (like Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo). Probably the most utterly unremarkable part of the state. I went to school in Mount Pleasant, which is 45 minutes away and generally derided as one of the most boring destinations in the MAC, and both CMU and Mount Pleasant are 2-3 times bigger than Big Rapids.

This isn't a Hillsdale situation where the nutbars specifically gravitate to there. He was probably a bit nutty to begin with and just happened to land a job there.

8. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I think I have bought three issues of Playboy. Sable’s first, Sable’s second, and the one of Shannon Tweed doing a pictorial with her sister Tracy.

9. HanSenSE

The three things that would bring page-proofing to a halt at the Merced Sun-Star in the 90s: 1) Scrambled Skinemak, 2) The late-night novelas on Univision (who cared none of us could speak a lick of Spanish?) and 3) The Late Show Top Ten.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Can I get odds on Trump at the last second changing the name of the two turkeys at the pardon ceremony to Hillary and Joe and bringing a deep fryer ?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not that clever

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I see that the mainstream conservative talking points are now that it was obvious that Trump was cheated, but that it was so widespread/cleverly done/too late to prove that he’s doing the unselfish thing and allowing a transition.

Man, whatever gets you through the day, but that is some weak shit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.