1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Tenure is a helluva drug.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

3. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Where the hell is the vertical hold on this laptop?!?!?

(Edit to include the fact that - something I haven't thought about in 25 years until just now - we had an RCA vacuum tube "portable" color TV (that weighed 50 pounds - no idea how the handle never broke off when transporting it to and from college) that did have a vertical hold in back. It worked wonders when the screen looked like the above to watch "Real Sex."

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If I were Biden, I wouldn't accept it anyway. Nor would I even give the soon-to-be ex-President a second thought at this point.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    for the free preview weekend

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not-so-patiently waiting for the water scene.

7. maumann

The horizontal hold eventually went out on the TV set we had in our college apartment. It'd do one slow rotation about once every 40-45 seconds. I'm certain we could have taken the back off and found the bad tube, but it was more fun watching Bobby Bowden's Sunday morning show that way.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving weekend, 1988, and a young BYM2 is a total NBA and talk show junkie. Watching the late Friday night game on TBS and the Phoenix Suns are kicking the ever loving shit out of the Golden State Warriors. Lost interest in the game and wanted something to watch until Letterman came on at 12:30. Clicking channel by channel since there were no on screen guides in those days and stumble upon Cinemax, which was showing the adult version of Cinderella.

Never did make it to that Letterman episode.

Driftwood, garrow, HanSenSE and 5 others like this.
  9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Krista Allen was quite lovely. :)

ChrisLong and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. maumann

And yes, Miami had only one independent TV station stay on overnight as late as the early 1980s. After putting the Sun-Sentinel to bed, I'd usually check to see what B movie was on.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Late 90s teenage Spartan had a TV in his room with a headphone jack. I couldn't tell you when I discovered I needed to keep headphones on my nightstand but ...

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ferris is ranked 298 out of 389 in National Universities by US News.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.