1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw an interview with her where she said that the two of them have an agreement. He never speaks to her about her acting in the series, and she never says anything to him about the writing or direction. They've stuck to it, and thus avoided potential stress.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

OK, so far Ted Lasso is amazing.

Songbird likes this.
  3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

That show constantly gave me the craving for a burger.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There are a few things that I think needed tinkering or editing but they don't diminish the overall product.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air reunion on HBO Max is excellent. It was funny, charming and touching and didn’t ignore the controversy over switching Aunt Vivian.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Started Schitt's Creek over the weekend, finished Season 1 and the first episode of Season 2. Got some good laughs, I'll keep going. I wouldn't call it great yet. Several people have told me it gets much better but there's a post earlier in this thread that says otherwise. I guess I'll find out.

OscarMadison and Wenders like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

It has Early Installment Weirdness. Not as severe as The Office and Parks & Recreation, but pretty significant. I think in the first season, they're kind of establishing a baseline of how awful each member of the family is, in their own way, and from there, they do a much better job of humanizing them over the next few seasons.

Wenders, ChrisLong and Moderator1 like this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Found "Dallas" deep on Amazon Prime last night, brought back memories of being a couple years out of school when I'd watch it every afternoon on TNN. A buddy also watched and we'd discuss plot twists on the golf course. Might just have to binge the first few seasons again. But definitely not the last few, talk about a show that fell off a cliff (barnes).

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Keep going, Moddy. It really starts hitting its stride soon.

Finished The Crown Season 4 today. It should be subtitled PRINCE CHARLES IS A FUCKING MORON

UPChip, Vombatus and heyabbott like this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

IDK, Lady Di doesn't come off that well either.

The whole mess could have been avoided by letting him marry Camilla in the 1970s. Which he finally did, anyway, and they seem supremely happy, which might be a first for anyone in the Royal family before William & Henry.

You know the kids in that family were screwed if Princess Margaret seemed like the only one who recognized reality.

11. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I feel for Diana more because she was so young, received very little support from the royal family other than "suck it up", her husband was clearly in love with someone else and regularly belittled her mental health and eating disorder. I can definitely see how she ended up as messed up as she was with the situation she was in.

But yes, this could all have been avoided if they had just not sabotaged Charles and Camilla and let them get married way back when.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

JFC, I know that Gillian Anderson is the girlfriend of the showrunner, but her Thatcher is like a bad SNL parody.

Draft saved Draft deleted