1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

heyabbott likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Our newsroom email gets emails from the transition account, and he did go to church today. I noticed, mostly because as a Methodist I always envied the Catholics that they could cross things off on a slow Saturday afternoon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if my linked work, but it's an hour of anti Viet Nam War songs that seem to resonate today.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Catholics have had the option of Saturday afternoon/evening mass for the Sunday obligation for 50 years in most dioceses.

I think any start time after 3 pm Saturday may apply to the requirement but the actual decision is left up to the bishop. For that matter, I believe the general Sunday obligation has been waived in most US dioceses until the pandemic is declared over.
    Who gives a fuck anyway? How often does Fatfuck go to church, three times a decade?

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

My wife doesn’t want the insane lawsuits to stop. Her and her law school friends are having an amazing time reading them and laughing at them.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Good. I hope they stick to their word.

Trump supporters in Georgia threaten to destroy GOP, boycott runoff elections

"Any Republican who allows this to happen is complicit, and we will finish you," the protester, donning a camo sweatshirt with an elephant on it, shouts into the microphone. "For any Republicans not explicitly helping Trump to 'stop the steal,' we will make sure you are never elected ever again."

"If the Republican establishment stands back and stands by and allows the steal to go through, we will do whatever it takes to completely destroy the Republican Party," he said. "We will accept nothing less than a Donald Trump victory."

"DO NOT VOTE IN THE GEORGIA RUNOFFS, THE DEEP STATE WILL BE COLLECTING EVERYONE'S INFO. THIS IS A CHARADE, MEANT TO IDENTIFY PEOPLE WHO DON'T VOTE DEMOCRAT," one post read, which also lamented that potential victories for Warnock and Ossoff were a "small price to pay."

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the Republicans in their current incantation decide to skip elections for, say, the rest of my life, fine with me!

I was quite young for the '64 election, were the Goldwater Republicans this batshit crazy? That's the last time we saw the far right have such a grip on the party, no?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A whole lot of them were, but Goldwater himself, despite extreme views, was personally pretty well-balanced, which held it all down to a significant extent.

10. HanSenSE

As perhaps shown best when he talked to Nixon about throwing in the towel 10 years later.

11. HanSenSE

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think Goldwater would have been a fine president. Can't speak to what his supporters were like, as I was 3 years old.

Hell, Stephanie Miller's dad was his running mate, so there's that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.