1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It doesn't. I misinterpreted the previous post and thought it referred to federal judges.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

95FC5733-8863-4A72-AC89-C28C576F2935.jpeg
    it doesn’t matter what the trial courts say, Thomas Kavanaugh, Alito, Gorsuch and Amy The Handmaiden will declare all votes in the United States not done in person to be invalid and award the election to trump.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"You do it while I wait here" is like Trump's usual ask. I wonder how many Republican state legislators are thinking, "where do I get Secret Service protection if I do this." They'd need it.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Despicable. Behavior like this guarantees him a spot at the bottom rungs of historical POTUS rankings. Enough of this madness.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Do we have to sacrifice a goat or read passages from the Necromicon to seal the demon in some other dimension?

Mngwa likes this.
  7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Trump was an un-indicated co-conspirator on the charges that sent Michael Cohen to prison. He wasn’t indicted because he was a sitting president. That’s it. Any other person would have been charged with a felony. Trump also has a ton of real legal exposure to other criminal acts. His current behavior is more like someone on the run from the cops.

So, yes, he should be investigated and charges brought against him, if they’re there.

The fucking press corps embarrassed itself today with its temper tantrum about Biden going to church.

Here’s a note you sanctimonious dipshits: Saturday mass is at 4 at Biden’s church. If Biden calls a lid on Saturday morning, ask if the plan is to go to mass at 4. Also check the Catholic calendar. Today is presentation of Mary. So maybe you could ask, hey is Biden going to the presentation of Mary mass today?

or whatever. I’m not catholic, so that may not be the perfect way to frame it, but having at least a minimal amount of knowledge about his faith might be helpful for your job. Especially since Biden might be the most devoutly religious person elected president since Carter and Biden might actually be more religious.

OscarMadison and I Should Coco like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Serious legal question:
    How many times can someone/a group keep filing the same frivolous suit that has been repeatedly shot down by multiple judges before the courts won't even hear it?

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Until a judge gets pissed enough to start slapping people around. As it is, these lawsuits are being waved off as frivolous and worthless.

Driftwood likes this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The judges are hearing it and giving the plaintiff an opportunity to present evidence so the judge can make a factual record. On a case like this the appellate courts are bound to accept the findings of fact of the trial court, especially when it comes to credibility. Smart federal judges know how to make a record so appeals courts can’t reverse. The last things judges will do in trumps cases is dismiss quickly and without a hearing, this will give an appeals court grounds to reverse and hold up certification. The federal judges are doing the right thing. And when they are critical, they aren’t overly critical and they are civilized and without sarcasm. They are playing it straight and above board.

qtlaw and Tighthead like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the investigation team did great with the birth certificate look out dems

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.