1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Sloppy work to own the libs:

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He does have a club championship to defend and plenty of time to work on his game after 1/20/21, but why wait?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have to say, I have absolutely zero interest in spending the next four years obsessing about Trump and trying to get a pound of flesh for transgressions during his administration. Just fix the damage and lead the country. Put this shit behind us.

And, not for nothing, it would be absolutely political suicide to launch a bunch of congressional investigations into the previous administration. Just do your damn jobs.

Cosmo and Hermes like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Better than the alternative BEST IS YET TO COME!!!

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Sixty-nine members of the Nixon Administration were indicted or jailed for a third-rate burglary attempt. This isn't just going to go poof. Too many are dead.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Nicccccce.

Tighthead and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I'm sympathetic to your point of view @PCLoadLetter --I want nothing more than to put Trump behind us and move on with life--but if there is no willingness to hold accountable those that are trying to upend a presidential election, I don't see how or why they are disincentivized from trying this bullshit again, and again, and again. It's moral hazard writ large. Ethics and norms aren't serving to constrain them right now--what then, save for the law, will?

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We can finally...FINALLY...rob him of the attention he breathes like oxygen.

heyabbott likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So he'll be acquitted of everything, play a lot of golf, lose a civil suit and never pay the judgment.

Sounds about right.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not congressional investigations. Federal and state criminal investigations. Look, if the idea is "put this shit behind us" every time an administration commits crimes, future administrations will just commit more crimes. Ford should never have pardoned Nixon. That's what started that stupid idea. Whatever happened to "no man is above the law"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.