1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBA 2020 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Oct 15, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

On Arica; recalls Van Horne being signed off couch just to be contract filler. What a gig if you can get it.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Wonder if Ainge insisted on TJ Warren or Olidipo along with Myles Turner, and overplayed his hand or if they were close to an agreement with Indy and Charlotte dropped that in Hayward's lap and LOL HOMES SMELL YOU LATER

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I heard Hayward was going to Atlanta, then maybe Indianapolis and he ends up in Charlotte? Weird.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Hard to believe someone else was going to surpass $30M/year. And also, Charlotte with Ball and Hayward sure will be interesting next year. Been a while since Charlotte was interesting.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

Markieff Morris tweeted today that he'll re-sign with the Lakers, and the Lakers also announced that Marc Gasol had signed a two-year deal for roughly the veteran's minimum. Lakers have quietly had a very nice off-season, although they'll need to find someone to replace Rondo's minutes. They also lost Avery Bradley to the Heat. I don't love the KCP deal they did - 3Y, $40M is kind of rich for a guy who's just a shade above league average - but he's another Clutch client guy, so I suppose better him than $7.5M/year for Rondo or going after Jordan Clarkson or someone like that.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Lakers are a bigger lock to win the championship next season than any franchise has been coming into a new season in decades, IMO. Even more so than the Warriors were when Durant joined them.

7. sgreenwell

I don't think I'd go that far - They're still a really top-heavy team, with one star having an injury history and another star turning 36 in-season. I think if they're healthy, they're the best team, but even healthy I think some teams could give them trouble. Beyond the Warriors with Durant, I imagine some of the Shaq-Kobe Lakers squads were bigger favorites heading into the season.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Isn't Bradley better than K Pope? Gasol is a solid add but he's quite a bit below where he used to be.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Anyone notice that a number of Spurs look very promising in the black/silver then not so much when they leave? Its kinda like the Pats experience. Pretty good reflection of coaching I presume.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I think Kawhi has done just fine.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Danny Green's rings in Toronto and L.A. aren't arguing either.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh, I did not mean Kawhi; I should have been more specific, the fringe guys like Joseph, Johnathan Simmons, Splitter, etc. I'm probably just wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted